News & Events
News & Events
NCCBM requires Project Engineers, Project Scientists & Lab. Assistants on Contract Basis for NCB-Hyderabad & Bhubaneswar
NCB Ahmedabad Unit — (Activities)
Services Offered at NCB Ahmedabad
Testing Facilities Available for the Following Materials
- Cement and Cementitious Materials such as OPC, PPC, PSC, Fly ash, Slag, Silica-fume etc.
- Aggregates – Complete physical and chemical analysis, Soundness
- Special Concrete, Advance Concrete Composite & Standard Concrete Mix Designs
- Ordinary concrete, standard concrete and High Strength Concrete using OPC, PPC, PSC, OPC + fly ash, OPC
+ Fly ash + silica fume etc.
Durability Studies of Concrete through Accelerated Test Methods
- Carbonation induced reinforcement corrosion
- Chloride induced reinforcement corrosion
- Performance of concrete against Sulphate attack
Independent Testing (INT)
Independent Testing Laboratory undertake complete physical, chemical, analyses of various types of cement, Pozzolana, admixtures, water and physical analyses of aggregate, concrete, bricks, coal, reinforcement etc as per National and International standards.
The Independent testing laboratory was established in 2001 at Ahmedabad and undertook testing jobs for cement, construction and allied industries within India. NCB Ahmedabad testing laboratory achieved a hallmark when NABL accredited them in the year 2017 and since then, the quality of testing services is maintained through NABL accreditation. The laboratory is BIS recognized, ISO certified facilitating smooth and efficient operations with state-of-art instrumental facilities to carry out the tests. The following facilities are available with Independent testing lab in Ahmedabad:
- Evaluation of concrete making materials like Cement and Cementitious Materials such as OPC, PPC, PSC, Fly ash, Slag, Silica-fume etc., aggregates, etc.
- Mix design for ordinary, special and advanced concrete like high strength concrete, self-compacting concrete, pavement quality concrete, dry lean concrete etc.
- Studies on fresh properties and mechanical hardened properties of concrete
- Service life design & durability studies on concrete including accelerated tests for carbonation induced corrosion, alkali aggregate reactivity, chloride induced corrosion, sulphate attack etc. These studies are taken up in collaboration with NCB Ballabgarh
Structural Assessment & Rehabilitation
- In-situ quality assessment, durability investigation and residual life assessment of concrete structures
- Distress investigations of buildings, bridges, dams, power plants, chimney, silo etc. deteriorated due to aggressive environment or fire damaged structure
- Consultancy for repairs/rehabilitation & retrofitting
- Load testing and assessment of load carrying capacity of structural members can be done in collaboration with NCB Ballabgarh
Structural Optimization and Design
- Proof Checking of Structural Design
- Service Life Design for concrete structures
- Load testing and assessment of load-carrying capacity of structural elements
Construction Technology & Management
- Technical Audit (TA), Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC) and Third Party Quality Audit (TPQA) of new constructions- residential, commercial &; institutional buildings; flyovers, concrete roads, bridges etc.
- Third Party Inspection and Monitoring for construction projects such as Buildings, Roads, Underpasses, Over Bridges, Drains, Causeway etc. of OIDC & PWD at Daman Diu & Dadra Nagar Haveli (Union Territory).
- Third Party Audit & Quality Assurance for Retrofitting, Reconstruction of Health care facility buildings and other allied works for Project Implementation Unit & Roads & Buildings Department (Government of Gujarat)
- Technical Audit and Quality Assurance including testing of materials, repairs, retrofitting, reconstruction of building etc. for major reconstruction projects of earthquake affected areas for Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority (GSDMA)
- Third Party Inspection (TPI) for Quality Assurance and Inspection of Materials for Sports Infrastructure Project of Sports Authority of Gujarat in Gujarat region.
- Third party Technical Supervision, Monitoring & Quality Assurance for construction of new yard including building, road, earth works, fire Hydrant System, Water supply, Strom Water Drain, Electro Mechanical works, Landscaping and ancillary works for The Agricultural Produce Market Committee-Amreli & Rajkot, Gujarat.
- Third Party Inspection (TPI) For Quality Assurance and Inspection for various structures of Narmada main canal, branch canal, distributaries, minor canal etc. at various sites of Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Limited in Gujarat region.
For further details please contact:
National Council for Cement and Building Materials
Smeet Bungalow,B/h Planet House-2(PH-2),
Opp. Shukan Shubh-Labh Apartments,
Off. Judges Bungalows Road, Bodakdev,
Ahmedabad-380054, Gujarat, India