NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
National Awards for Energy Efficiency, Environmental Excellence and Quality Excellence in Indian Cement Industry (2015-16 & 2016-17).
[table id=1 /]
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
NCB Campus - Pics NCB Campus - VideoRead More
NCB CRMs of Coal NCB has developed two new CRMs ofRead More
NCB Proficiency Testing SchemeRead More
CCE Training Brochure NCB Training Calendar 2017-18 NCB Overseas Training Brochure Forthcoming TrainingRead More
Geology, Mining and Raw Materials
The Geology, Mining and Raw Materials (GMR) programme of Centre for Mining, Environment, Plant Engineering & Operation (CME) has been constantly providing industrial and technological support in the areas of cement and building materials starting with identification of potential sites for green field projects, geological investigation, exploitation of raw materials, computer aided deposit evaluation and mine planning. A large number of R&D and sponsored assignments in the area of raw material investigation, characterization and their impact on the process to produce optimized quality product has been carried out. GMR has leading softwares available in the field of Geology and Mining like DATAMINE STUDIO, RM SCHEDULAR, MULTI MINE SCHEDULAR and AutoCAD.
- Identification, Geological Appraisal & Feasibility study of Potential Limestone Deposits
- Planning, Supervision and Monitoring of Exploration activities
- Computer Aided Deposit Evaluation, Mine Planning and Production Scheduling and in-pit Blending solutions using Datamine Studio, RM Scheduler and Multimine Scheduler
- Strategy Planning and Sensitivity Analysis for Long term resource optimization for single or multiple mines
- Technical Health Audit of Open Cast Limestone Mines
- Lab Scale Dry Beneficiation Studies of Low/Marginal Grade Limestone
Select List of Research and Development Projects
- Updating of National Inventory of Cement Grade Limestone Deposits (Continuous Activity).
- Revision of norms for proving limestone deposits for cement manufacture.
- Field Trials of Geophysical Techniques for Limestone Exploration at Gotan Limestone Deposit, District Nagaur, Rajasthan
- Raw Materials availability vis-à-vis eco-friendly exploitation in non-cluster regions for future growth of cement industry.
- Productivity Enhancement and Quality Control System Design for Continuous Surface Miner Technology.
- Establishing Potential Techniques for upgradation of Low grade Limestone and mine rejects.
- Digital Image Processing of Remotely Sensed Data for Limestone Exploration
- Integration of NCB’s mine planning software
- Study of Heterogeneous Limestone Deposits in India for Applicability of Modern Surface Mining Technology
- Modern Mining Equipment as Applicable to the Indian Cement Industry
Select List of Sponsored Projects
- Supervision of exploration and geological assessment of limestone deposits for a proposed one MTPA cement plant for M/s Grasim Industries Ltd., Tamilnadu
- Computer Aided Deposit Evaluation for Limestone Mines for M/s Manikgarh Cements, Maharashtra
- Feasibility studies for establishing a cement plant for M/s Lafarge India Ltd., Meghalaya
- Technical suitability of limestone deposits Bagga, Bhalok, Alsindi and Nauradhar area in Himachal Pradesh and Identification of suitable limestone deposits for proposed 1 MTPA green field cement projects for M/s Grasim Industries Ltd., in J&K and Rajasthan
- Technical suitability of Arki limestone deposit for proposed 1.6 MTPA Cement plant for M/s Jai Prakash industries Ltd., Himachal Pradesh
- Technical Assistance in Disposal of 200 TPD VSK of M/s Dharani Cement in South Africa and Preliminary Project report for Setting up a Large Cement Plant in South Africa for M/s Grasim Industries Ltd.
- Computer-aided deposit evaluation and Mine planning of four deposits for 1.0 MT Cement Plant for M/s Dharani Cement, Tamilnadu
- Performance Audit for mining equipments at M/s Grasim Cement, Rawan, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
- Geological investigation of Vipingo Limestone Mines, Vipingo for M/s Mombassa Cement Ltd., Mombassa, Kenya
- Reassessment of Limestone reserves in four mines namely-Ahirpura, Maliakhera, Tilakhera, Karunda of M/s J K Cement Works, Nimbahera Rajasthan
- Mining Plan for Renewal of Limestone Mines for M/s Grasim Industries Limited near Kotputli, Dist. Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Preparation of Mining plan as per IBM Guide Lines for Captive limestone mines (two blocks) for proposed cement plant for M/s Grasim Industries Ltd in Gujarat
- Survey, geological mapping, and supervision of exploration and Mine Planning as per Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) Guidelines for a Million tonne Cement Plant for M/s Mysore Cements Ltd., Gulbarga, Karnataka
- Supervision of Geological Exploration and Perspective Mine Planning as per Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) Guidelines for Reddypalayam Limestone Deposits, for M/s Grasim Inds. Ltd., Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Supervision of Geological Exploration and Perspective Mine Planning as per Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) Guidelines for Edyathankudi, Limestone Deposits, for M/s Grasim Inds. Ltd., Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Reassessment of Limestone Reserves and Quality of Dholipatti Mines Phase-I for M/s Chetinad Cement Corpn. Limited, Tamilnadu
- Technical viability of beneficiation for limestone on laboratory scale for M/s Kesoram Cement, Basantnagar, Dist. Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh
- Technical viability of beneficiation on laboratory scale for high SiO2 and high SO3 limestone for M/s UltraTech Cement Ltd. Awarpur Cement Works, Awarpur, Chandrapur, Maharashtra
- Technical viability of beneficiation on laboratory scale for high SiO2 and high SO3 limestone for M/s Maratha Cement Works, Upparwahi, Chandrapur, Maharashtra
- Computer-aided deposit evaluation and mineability aspect of Nana-Kararvav Limestone Deposit for M/s Binani Cement Ltd., Tehsil-Bali, district Pali, Rajasthan
- Preliminary Study of Umrangshu Limestone deposit of North Cachar Hills for M/s Jaiprakash Associates Ltd., Assam
- Supervision of Survey Prospecting & Exploration and Mine Planning of Nallalingyapalli Limestone Deposit for M/s Raghuram Cement Ltd., Cuddapah, Andhra Pradesh
- Monitoring and supervision of survey, exploration including drilling and computer aided deposit evaluation and mine planning of Ummbab Limestone Deposit for M/s Gulf Cement Company Ltd, Doha, Qatar
- Topographic Survey, Geological Mapping, Supervision of Exploration and Computer Aided Deposit Evaluation of M/s Rain Commodities, Kurnool, AP
- Supervision of Exploration & Computer aided deposit evaluation of limestone Deposits at Chennayapalem for M/s Saraswati Power & Industries (P) Ltd., Guntur, AP
- Evaluation and re-estimation of the limestone reserves of captive mine for M/s Malabar Cements Ltd., Walayar, District Palakkad, Kerala
- Survey, Geological Mapping & Supervision of Exploration, computer aided deposit evaluation of limestone deposit for 1000 Acre at Gudipadu for M/s Penna Cement Ltd., Anantpur Dist, Karnataka, AP
- Computer Aided Deposit Evaluation, Mine Planning and Production Scheduling for all the three deposit at Mellacheruvu, Yepalamadhavaram and Choutapalli, for M/s My Home Industries Ltd., Nalgonda District, Andhra Pradesh
- Survey, Geological Mapping and Supervision of Exploration and Computer Aided Deposit Evaluation of Limestone Deposit at Cement Project at Ogipur for M/s Penna Cement Industries Ltd., Tandur Mandal, Rangareddy District, Andhra Pradesh
- Supervision of Prospecting and Exploration and Computer-Aided Deposit Evaluation of Limestone Deposit at Chennayapalem for M/s Saraswati Power and Industries Pvt. Ltd., Piduguralla, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh
- Detailed Technical / Geological Appraisals for Enkorien Limestone Deposit, Kajiado District, Rift Valley Province for M/s East African Portland Cement Company Ltd. Athi River, Off Namanga Road, Kenya
- Detailed Technical / Geological Appraisals for Kanziko Limestone Deposit, Kitui County Council, Eastern Province for M/s East African Portland Cement Company Ltd. Athi River, Off Namanga Road, Kenya
- Preliminary Investigation for Beneficiation on Laboratory Scale for Low/ Marginal Grade Limestone for project TIN at Raipur Chhattishgarh for M/s Reliance Cement Company Pvt. Ltd., Navi Mumbai
- Bulk density, Recovery Factor Studies & Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment of Limestone from Dumps lying at Pathapadu Block within ML Area at Banaganapalle Cement Works for M/s Jayajothi Cements Ltd. (SJCL), 100% subsidiary of M/s My Home Industries Ltd., Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Computer-aided Deposit Evaluation of part of Korumanipalle Limestone Mine-1 for M/s Penna Cement Industries Ltd., Kurnool District, Andhra Pradesh