NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
Highlights – 200 Technical Papers in 25 Technical Sessions. 3 Special Technical Sessions & 3 Keynote Speakers. Scope for Placing advertisement in Seminar Proceedings. Dinner and Cultural Programme on 6th October 2017. Depending on the response, Technical Tours and Visits to places of Historical and Cultural interest would be organized.
Guidelines for Preparation of manuscripts of Full Paper (FP), OneRead More
National Awards for Energy Efficiency, Environmental Excellence and Quality Excellence in Indian Cement Industry (2015-16 & 2016-17).
[table id=1 /]
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Announcement – World’s most awaited biennale on Cement, Concrete and Building Materials, 05-08 December 2017, New Delhi, India
E-Registration E-Registration Seminar Bulletin 1 Bulletin 1 Click to know more about 15th NCBRead More
NCB Campus - Pics NCB Campus - VideoRead More
NCB CRMs of Coal NCB has developed two new CRMs ofRead More
NCB Proficiency Testing SchemeRead More
CCE Training Brochure NCB Training Calendar 2017-18 NCB Overseas Training Brochure Forthcoming TrainingRead More
Concrete Technology programme evaluates all types of concrete making materials such as cement and cementitious materials, aggregates, chemical admixture and curing compounds. Centre conducts concrete mix design and develops special concrete. The Centre also conducts research on micro-structure of advance concrete composites for various special mechanical properties such as ductility; toughness; flexural fatigue endurance; impact resistance; creep and shrinkage; resistance to plastic shrinkage cracking; cavitation, erosion and abrasion resistance etc., apart from conventional requirement of compressive, tensile and flexural strength. The research in the area of durability studies of concrete is conducted using various accelerated tests which cause deterioration of concrete.
Evaluation of Concrete Making Materials
- Cement and cementitious Materials such as OPC, PPC, PSC, Fly ash, Slag, Silica-fume etc.
- Aggregates – Complete physical and chemical analysis, Petrography, Soundness and Alkali-aggregate reactivity
- Chemical Admixture: Effectiveness and compatibility studies of Super-plasticizers, accelerators, VMA, Anti washout admixture, Corrosion inhibitors, Anti shrinkage compounds, water proofing chemicals etc.
- Special Concrete, Advance Concrete Composite & Standard Concrete Mix Designs
- Ordinary concrete, standard concrete and High Strength Concrete using OPC, PPC, PSC, OPC + fly ash, OPC + Fly ash + silica fume etc.
- Development of Special Concrete such as High Performance Concrete, Pervious concrete, Plastic concrete High Volume Fly ash Concrete, Self-Compacting Concrete, Pavement Quality Concrete, Dry Lean Concrete, Roller Compacted Concrete, Under water concrete, Fiber Reinforced Concrete, Controlled Low Strength Material (CLSM) etc.
- Shotcrete & Non Shrink Grout.
- Carbonation induced reinforcement corrosion
- Chloride induced reinforcement corrosion
- Performance of concrete against Sulphate attack
Durability Studies of Concrete Through Accelerated Test
- Evaluation of concrete making materials like cement, water, mineral/chemical admixtures & aggregates for alkali-aggregate reactivity and other properties for hydroelectric & thermal power plants (more than 50 projects per annum)
- Concrete mix proportions for various grades of concrete for different projects across the country (more than 250 mix designs per annum)
- Use of flyash, bottom ash and recycled aggregate in concrete
- Development of Accelerated Mix Design Method for Concrete using PPC & OPC with Flyash
- Creep testing and coefficient of thermal expansion of concrete
- Evaluation of Low Density Aggregates (LDA) and Structural Lightweight Concrete using LDA
- Study on the use of copper slag as a replacement to river sand in different grades of concrete
- Study of availability (quantity) and quality of construction materials for NTPC Project at Pudimadaka, Andhra Pradesh
- Development of high abrasive strength materials for spillway and glacis