NCB 's Services at a glance
Project & Industrial ActivitiesSee More...
News & Events
Highlights – 200 Technical Papers in 25 Technical Sessions. 3 Special Technical Sessions & 3 Keynote Speakers. Scope for Placing advertisement in Seminar Proceedings. Dinner and Cultural Programme on 6th October 2017. Depending on the response, Technical Tours and Visits to places of Historical and Cultural interest would be organized.
Guidelines for Preparation of manuscripts of Full Paper (FP), OneRead More
National Awards for Energy Efficiency, Environmental Excellence and Quality Excellence in Indian Cement Industry (2015-16 & 2016-17).
[table id=1 /]
Steps for Online Payment through SB CollectRead More
Announcement – World’s most awaited biennale on Cement, Concrete and Building Materials, 05-08 December 2017, New Delhi, India
E-Registration E-Registration Seminar Bulletin 1 Bulletin 1 Click to know more about 15th NCBRead More
NCB Campus - Pics NCB Campus - VideoRead More
NCB CRMs of Coal NCB has developed two new CRMs ofRead More
NCB Proficiency Testing SchemeRead More
CCE Training Brochure NCB Training Calendar 2017-18 NCB Overseas Training Brochure Forthcoming TrainingRead More
Optica l microscope, has wide application in cement and construction industries, is equipped with state of art polarizing and stereoscopic microscope attached with image analyzer. Optical microscope is an important tool for quality evaluation of cement raw materials, fly ash, slag, clinker, coarse and fine aggregates and concrete samples. Thin and polished sections of rock, clinker and concrete are examined in transmitted and reflected light respectively. In-situ samples of concrete and rocks are evaluated in stereoscopic microscope. The salient features are as follows:
- Qualitative and quantitative assessment of raw materials.
- Morphological, mineralogical and granulometric analyses of sand fly ash, slag, tailings etc
- Mineralogical and micro-structural features of clinker mineral phases such as alite,belite, aluminate, alumino-ferrite phases and glass.
- Percentage of free lime in clinker.
- Quality variation in clinker induced by process and operational parameters.
- Percentage of glass content in fly ash and slag
- Percentage and morphology of palerosphere and cenosphere in fly ash.
- Detailed petrographic investigations of coarse and fine aggregates.
- Rock classification by petrographic methods.
- Petro fabric analysis of rocks
- Petrographic analysis of rocks pertaining to geo-technical investigations
- Evaluation of different types of aggregates for alkali-silica reactivity (ASR) and alkali-carbonate reactivity (ACR) studies
- Detailed microscopic investigations of fire damaged concrete, petrographic evaluation of hydrated concrete and microstructural analysis of hardened concrete of various ages and environment.
- Petrographic analysis and Langlier equation of silt samples.
- Identification and classification of heavy minerals in sand and silt samples.
- Quantitative estimation of mica in sand, silt and soil.
- Setting up of optical microscopic laboratories and impart training on operation and maintenance
For further details please contact:
Head of Centre
Centre for Cement Research and Independent Testing
National Council for Cement and Building Materials
34 Km Stone, Delhi-Mathura Road (NH-2), Ballabgarh-121 004, Haryana, INDIA
Fax:+91-129-2242100 / 2246175